Friday, May 22, 2009

Feelings follow behaviour

In my attempt to write this blog, I think it’s only fair that I give you guys some insight to my current frame of reference. So for the past two months or so in my Communications Science class we have been discussing gender studies, feminism and womenism. So naturally, my sphere of knowledge has widened and with that said my blog on ‘feelings follow behaviour’ has some feminism influence.


Before my time, in the late 1960’s to be exact, it was said that the bra as well as other inanimate objects became the fury of some feminist activists because it was seen as a sexist label. This feeling, of extreme dislike was strong, so they mobilized against it. As a result of this they burnt their bras. Viva liberation.


The above as most of us don’t was only a myth, they did however mobilize, but unfortunately there were no bras that were burnt, but it would have been a more interesting example of how feelings follow behaviour.


This is only one example that illustrates feelings follow behaviour. Nonetheless, we all can identify with the this be it, feelings of admiration that resulted in a kiss or feelings of anger that resulted in a fight or feelings of happiness that resulted in a happy dance.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting and unique take on the topic Ridi. I do like it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe I have a happy dance. I really love this, Ridi. You are so creative. "Viva liberation". It's good that we have bra's tho. Gravity is a surety.

    ReplyDelete