Wednesday, November 4, 2009

AW “In the future everybody will be world famous for fifteen minutes” – You can’t choose the 15 minutes but why would you be world famous

I totally agree with the statement from Andy Warhol, but the future is now. The world is becoming smaller and smaller due to technological developments, also the platforms to become world renowned is also changing. The World Wide Web killed the TV star. I could just upload a video onto Youtube and seconds later someone in Japan would see it. I would be famous.


Fame. Remember my name. Would they really need to remember my name when they would be constantly bombarded with my name wherever they go. Myspace, Facebook and twitter. I think back then in Andy Warhol’s time people could only get fifteen minutes of fame, due to the fact the mediums of communication were limited, but now one can be famous indefinitely.


Why would I be famous? I imagine that I’ll be famous for being a socialite, someone who is involved in social activities and spends a noteworthy amount of time entertaining and being entertained. As I will be a publicist to the stars, the line between my personal and work life will become blurred. I would be famous by association. You will see me in the social pages of every newspaper and magazine known to mankind.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know, I think technology has made it more difficult to be closer. Sure we are easily contactable, but our contact seems so void of anything resembling humanity.

    Maybe I miss being a caveman. You know, raw meat, unwashed hair was cool and on valentine's day, there was no valentine's day. If you wanted to impress a girl, who smelled oddly like the garbage bin, you killed something.

    Now its all, ooh don't kill them, I don't like men who like guns.

    Modernity se ...

    Anyway, social networking is a tool. Depends on what you use it for. Celebrities use it as source material, a counter to "rumours and tabloids" and it helps fans feel like they have that connection.

    In other words they use it for prostitution.

    Fame is temporary.
    Infamy is forever.

    HHP

    ReplyDelete