Tuesday, November 3, 2009

November issue

Just yesterday I was literally cleaning out my closet, when I stumbled upon one of my many Media magazines; it was the November 2008 issue. Flipping through it, I came across the article “Networked!” The article was written by social media guru, Matthew Buckland – it was on the subject of taking stock of the social media that he uses. This inspired me to also take stock of the social mediums that I use.

Facebook – I use Facebook to stay in touch with people I like and pretend to stay in touch with people that I don’t like. I love using the “ilike” app as it makes me feel like I contributed something somewhere without saying anything.

Twitter – I use twitter for stalking celebrities, tweeting collectively with other users using # hashtags and just using it to stay abreast of the top world news with the trending topics.

Blogger – This one is quite the tale. Although I started blogging, as part of my curriculum. I have genuinely fallen in love with it, when I’m able to write on topics that interest me, that is. I love that I can be informal, I can write in short hand and everyone gets to read about my thoughts on things.

Mxit – I haven’t been on mxit in a while perhaps it’s for the reason that my phone was stolen so my mxit isn’t mobile, I have to mxit clued to a chair and pc.

LinkedIn – I am desperately seeking a job before the rat race for jobs in the New Year start. Consequently I’m building myself a profile on LinkdIn and hoping to make some connections.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting blog, i have been registered in all social media that you have mentioned above, very interesting that you use LinkedIn to network, i wonder how does that work.

    ReplyDelete