Thursday, April 23, 2009

How to step from the top of a 100-foot pole?

Stepping from the top of a 100-foot pole can never be easy, I imagine. I’m the type of person that regrets the things I have done in life not the things I haven’t done, so this will be a process…

If all I have achieved so far in life is riding on this decision of taking ‘a step’, I would consider whether I really want to limit myself to the secure and good or take a chance with the possibility of something great happening? I would ask myself over and over what do I have to loose and what do I have gain. . I will envisage the younger me when I didn’t understand what a risk was I just did it. I wouldn’t think too much about stepping from the top of a 100-foot pole because once you pause you make a gap for common sense to kick in. I’ll step with poise because I know to triumph without risk is to triumph without brilliance. That step might just be a step in the right direction

I ask myself why I would want to step down when I should be climbing up. Why am I so afraid? It might just be one measly step for me but it might just be a giant leap for mankind.

2 comments:

  1. If one doesn't take risks, they might regret it one day. thinking of what could have been and what should have been. Risks are scary and exciting all at the same time. Some risks are just worth taking though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will never know unless you've tried it.

    ReplyDelete